By accessing the website at www.thesmokingsurvey.com (the ‘website’), you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this website or the apps. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
We are registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office as a Data Controller (Reg No. ZA188678), and have in place a comprehensive Company data protection policy and code of practice.
Not a medical device
Our apps should not be used as a medical device or in place of professional medical advice. The apps help guide you through your own personalised journey to quit smoking and is to be used as a tool for self-reflection. It should not be used as a diagnostic or therapeutic tool. The apps collect patient-related data which cannot be used to diagnose smoking-related or any other illnesses.
All information on our apps and website has been created as an educational resource, and should not be used as a substitute for proper and personalised professional medical advice or be used to make decisions about your health.
We also cannot answer any medical queries either through the apps or via email or any other means.
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on our website and apps for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained our website or apps;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by us at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
Whilst care has been taken to formulate our educational material to a reasonable standard of accuracy, the materials on our website and apps are provided on an ‘as is’ basis with no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
Further, we do not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on our website or apps, even if we or an authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on our website or apps could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. We do not warrant that any of the materials on its website or apps are accurate, complete or current. We may make changes to the materials contained on its website or apps at any time without notice. However we do not make any commitment to update the materials.
We have not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by us of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
- We will collect personal information, including health-related information or other types of sensitive personal data (collectively known as your ‘personal information’) by lawful and fair means and with your knowledge and consent. This information helps us personalise our apps and website experience to you. Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- When you start using our apps, we ask for consent to share your personal information with us and third parties. We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We will protect your personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to you information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
We may process the following types of personal informations:
- Personally identifiable information (including but not limited to name, gender, email address, date of birth).
- Family, lifestyle, social, employment and educational details.
Additionally, we may collect other non-identifiable information to improve our service and maintain operational standards, including:
- Device model, OS version and location.
- Reflective smoking logs and exercise data.
- Other data needed for analysis, resting or research.
Third Parties & Opting-out
Modifying and Deleting Your Data
You can access and modify your personal information on the Website or App, or alternatively by contacting us via our Website.
If you want us to delete your account, please contact us directly with your request. We will take the necessary steps to delete your data as soon as possible, though some information may remain in archive as required by law.
We occasionally hire other companies to provide services on our behalf, including, but not limited to, hosting of online resources, processing credit card transactions, consulting services, data analytics, printing, sending postal mail and processing membership and event registration. We will provide those companies with information they need to deliver the service. Third parties may collect information such as your IP address that may indicate your online activities over time or across different websites when you use our websites. At this time, this website does not respond to do-not-track signals.